The world of Tadashi Shoji

Saturday, September 7, 2013

This year I was able to pay a lot more attention to NYFW as it was happening. Working at a busy office,  I would secretly tune into live stream whenever I could. The first day of Fashion Week I was lucky enough to catch designer, Tadashi Shoji's collection & OMG, it was fabulous!

Being a Social Media Director, I manage Facebook , Twitter, Google +, etc  for my company so it's easy to sneak into my personal profiles every once in a while & take a peek. I signed into Twitter & saw MBFW tweet "ladies in lace." That was enough to catch my eye. I clicked the live stream link & I was immediately sucked in. I had to watch this show. 


Being down a girl last week, I kept the live stream music bumpin' while I worked away on projects but couldn't help myself when I discovered the world of Tadashi Shoji. His designs were so soft. Lace, pastels, light layers, sparkle details & sheer fabrics created a beautiful world of ethereal elegance. 

Here's some of my favorite pieces from the Sweet Liberation collection: 
photos from MBFW facebook 

It's wonderful having social media to show you as it's happening. I would have never discovered this designer if I hadn't hopped on Twitter. Now, I'm in love.

 Showing his collection the first day of Fashion Week set up the SS 2014 runways well. The pieces were a great way to introduce what trends are going to be prominent for next Spring.

And it doesn't hurt to see Tadashi Shoji tweet back to me... it makes anybody a happy camper, when a designer recognizes his fans! Even if it was just someone who maintains the social media (like me) it's still a nice touch as customers love to interact with brands. 


I have to say his collection was breathtaking. It was a fresh look into a designer I hadn't heard of & now, he has a new fan! 

Be sure to check out other amazing posts of NYFW from Independent Fashion Bloggers!


1 comments:

Sabina said...

You are right; those lace pieces are stunning. And how cool that Tadashi Shoji responded to your tweet. Even if it was an employee, as you noted, it's the gesture that counts.

P.S. found your blog through IFB.

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Tickle Me Chic 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.