Monday, June 28, 2010
The Runaways, starring Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning inspired designers all over. With the release of the movie, Joan Jett's style has become iconic.
Colors include earth tones, dark hues, metallics and blacks.
At Express, we have everything from motorcycle leggings and jeans, to studded tees and pants. The grunge detail is also added to jackets
with removable pins and broaches for that pinch of edginess.
But on to what you really want to know, how to pull off the Joan Jett look.
1. My first suggestion is ultra skinny jeans or jeggings. This now staple piece will pull the whole look together. Choose a dark, weathered wash or a grey, could be acid washed or ripped pair.
2. Once you have the bottom, work your way up by choosing a rock and roll inspired top. Something with lace or cutout detail is best in black or dark hues.
3. Next accessorize. Belts are always a great way to spice things up. Choose one with studded detail or some type of metal hardware and you're one step closer to bringing out your inner rocker chick. Find jewelry that has the same detail, chains, studs, and metal embellishment is key. You could also grab a neckerchief with a fierce print on it.
4. Dress up the eyes with heavy eyeliner and mascara along with lipstick, not gloss.
5. Throw on a leather jacket and some black boots and there you have it: the new rock and roll inspired you.
Don't forget the attitude.
Remember, Fashion is fun. It is uniquely you.